In the summer, I want to be out doing things. I don’t want to sit around, wondering whether or not my makeup is going to smudge or my hair is going to fall out of place. We live in Canada, we only get a select few months a year to enjoy the heat, why waste it worrying about pointless stuff? With that in mind, I made my beauty essentials very sparse. Because you should be out there having fun, dammit, and not fawning over yourself needlessly!
1. This Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer not only makes my skin soft, but provides me with SPF 45 coverage (sample size is shown here).
2. A classic, I use this St. Ives Apricot Scrub about once a week to get rid of that grimy, caked-on sweat feeling I get in the hot months.
3. Painting your toes with Essie Blanc polish provides a crisp, breezy, summertime look that matches everything.
4. Some days, I need to get my lion’s mane off my neck. Instead of using regular elastics that can snare and tear, I use stretchy ribbon that is gentle on my locks – like this one from American Eagle Outfitters.
5. Makeup on scorching days doesn’t make sense; luckily, the awesome Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm by Almay moisturizes without stickiness. My pick? Cantaloupe Cream, giving me a fresh, coral-kissed look (this is also available in other colours).
There you have it! What are your summer beauty essentials?